A new baby....will soon be added to our extended family! Joel's niece, Jamie and her hubby Lindsey are expecting little Adam in a couple of months.I can't believe that our Jamie will have a baby of her own. It seems like yesterday that she was a cute little girl running around and pretending to be Amy Grant on the fireplace hearth...singing with a spoon as a microphone. I've known Jamie since she was 3 years old! (I know that must sound like I'm sooooo old but I also have a cousin who is 8 years old...so I'm really not that old.)
Alexis, Alaina and I traveled out of town to attend Adam's baby shower this week. We had so much fun at the shower and Alexis enjoyed being the photographer for the occasion.
Jamie thought the Squeaky Shoes (we brought home from China) were so cute. She's not sure about the 'squeaking' though. Every baby learning to walk needs Squeaky Shoes.
All night, Alaina had her eye on the 'polka dot' package. I asked her what she thinks it could be. She suggested a "surf board." This Mama guessed right...it was a baby bathtub. I guess Alaina was partially right. It was related to water.
Alexis's personality and appearance reminds me so much of Jamie as a child and as a teenager. Alaina's personality reminds me a lot of Jamie as a child, too. It's fun re-living it for the third time.
Allison, Jamie's sister, Alexis's cousin....are only 2 months apart in age. Wishing we lived a little closer so the girls could spend more time together. We love you, Adam and can't wait to hold you soon...maybe on Christmas day!!















No comments:
Post a Comment