Our handsome little guy....with all that beautiful hair!! Nov. 15.
Wow, I cannot believe it has been 4 months (on the 20th) since our baby boy was in our arms. I think back so vividly of the first time we saw him in person. He was so pitiful, reaching back for his Xiao Fang.
Little did he know that he would be loved forever and hugged way more than any kiddo on earth. He is for sure the 'baby' of the family.
Once upon a time, four months ago, I THOUGHT that Benjamin was such a strong-willed little guy...in a bad way. I prayed that it wasn't true. He for sure has his, 'do it myself' attitude...but that's a normal almost 2 year old thing. I want all my kids to be strong willed in some ways. I want them to be leaders...servant leaders...and follow God with all their heart. I know Benjamin will.
He's a good boy and wants to please. He watches the older kids' every move and is learning what is right. Even at almost-two, he is making good choices (most of the time).
He's becoming more and more obedient. I count backwards from 5 to 1 and poor little guy probably thinks that's how you count. At the end when I say 'one', he's expected to respond. He's starting to catch on....and starts to run towards me...but not until I say "one."
The first week in China with him, I was very concerned because he was so skinny. Even though skinny, he was very,very strong. Today, he is getting so chubby. I LOVE squeezing his legs and holding his chubby cheeks to mine. He loves it, too.
He loves being rocked and held close.
He now yells, "MOM!" all day. Yes really funny...but he does get my attention. He attempts to say everything...and his family understands him...most of the time. Sometimes though, I ask over and over ....guessing what he is saying...and that is when he begins to cry. Bless his heart. You can imagine me offering him everything, trying to figure out what he wants.
He has added ball, Mammaw, Pappaw, truck, and a few other fun words to his English vocabulary. The words like 'truck' and 'sock' are said very sharp (almost a Chinese accent). Ball, Mammaw and Pappaw is really fun to hear. The ending sounds go on and on forever...... awwwwwww.
I've been driving the van to the end of our cul-de-sac to get Alaina at the bus stop. I normally don't put the babies in their car seat (shhshhsh) since I drive 2 miles an hour, a few feet away. I should walk it but it's getting too cold (I'm always cold). (I have pictures of Benjamin sitting in a car in China without a car seat. Car seats in China don't exist so I know he thinks it's a normal thing to not sit in a car seat.) Benjamin sits so cute on the seat, stretching his neck as far as he can, trying to see out the window. When I tell them the bus is coming, he stands up....and points....and says, "see bus." Yes, he did. Has not said it since but his words were very clear. The boys are so excited when they see Alaina get off the bus.
Benjamin is super smart. I could tell you story after story of the cute things he does. The other day, I lifted him over the gate in the playroom and asked him to bring Alaina's doll to me. It was her special Bitty Baby doll that she had left in there and I didn't want the babies to play with it all day. They are very gentle but they are still boys. :) He, right away brought the doll over to me but then decided that he wanted to keep it. He instantly picked up a different toy off the floor and brought it to me, hoping that I would be happy with that toy. Crack me up. I'm guessing this is why he and Hudson get along so well.
The baby boys are still best buds. If either of them walk out of the room to get their sippy cup, they will always bring two and give one to their brother.
Very sweet.
Very thoughtful.
Very caring.
Very loving.
As sweet as these precious, handsome little men are, they are still sinful...and yes...we have had some biting. Each have their share of bite marks. This hasn't happened often, but at least once from each of them. But...they cry...normally both of them....hug...kiss...say sorry....and start playing again...like it never happened. (This is why boys are easier in my opinion. If it were girls, they would never forget it. Know what I mean? LOL)
My sweet, strong, chubby Benjamin has mastered the stairs. He goes down the stairs straight, on his feet without holding on at all. His little legs stretch as far as they can from step to step at a fast pace. I hold my breath while telling him to turn around. He gets to the bottom step and jumps off...landing solid.
Speaking of landing solid, he and Hudson jump off my bed...about 3 or 4 feet tall and lands on their feet....and then do it over and over again...laughing all the way.
And to top that off, Benjamin climbs to the TOP of Joel B's bunk bed (within seconds)....up the ladder...and then yells for help to get down. Fun!
Benjamin LOVES trucks and cars...anything he can push...and makes sounds. If it doesn't have sounds, he adds his own.
I'm having so much fun with my little men.

Today, as he sat so cute in the van, I looked at that sweet face, and with a grateful heart, couldn't believe I have him. The wait was so long but yet went by so fast. He blesses our family so much. He adores his daddy and his daddy adores him. His older brothers laugh all day at him and love him so much. Alexis, all she says, "Aw he's so cute." He thinks his Sissy hung the moon...and likes her more than me (almost). Alaina talks baby talk to him and loves on him like a baby. Hudson, well...they are the best buds in the world.
Benjamin, every person you meet, you touch their lives. They are amazed at your ability to accomplish anything. Some times, I watch you attempt something new and I think there is no way that you can do it with just one hand. Within seconds, you prove me wrong. God has gifted you, little guy. Nothing in life will hold you back. You have it all figured out way before your Mamma sees the problem. I love you, Benjamin! We are so grateful to have you in our lives!
I realized today that I didn't take any pictures yesterday. Promise to get many this week.















2 comments:
Oh my goodness, Benjamin is so cute and so smart! What a precious gift he is and what a transformation from his time in China. We miss you!
Hugs,
Robin
He is so precious - how could you ever imagine your life without him....Yippeee Jesus for adoption! And Yippee Jesus you answered the call!! How blessed us Moms of Many are!!
Post a Comment