Friday, January 23, 2009

My sick babies...

The beginning of this week, Benjamin started getting really sick...fever...cold...yuck. The first night was so hard as his temp was higher than any of our other kids' temps. We did a bath, Tylenol, and Ibuprofen...and still couldn't get his temp down. I finally fell asleep that night at 4AM.

By morning, his temp was down but it is now Friday and he still feels yucky....the never ending running nose.

Today, Hudson woke up with a fever and then later tonight, Alaina started feeling warm.

Have you ever had those days when your kids are sick that you just feel like your shirt is a tissue? I know that sounds so gross...and it is.

But the sweet side of all this is...I've sat a lot and held my babies. Sometimes, I forget what that is like as I'm so busy all day.

As soon as I posted about FlyLady...and all that I've accomplished...well...I have not done anything since...but hold my babies....nothing like it on earth.

Not that I want my kiddos to be sick...but what a precious time I've had this week.

No pictures to share...since the models were in my arms.

6 comments:

Sharla M. said...

So sorry the little ones are sick but what a sweet time of lovin' on them!

P.S. We're in the clean-out/organize mode too!!

2plustwinsmom said...

I hope they get to feeling better soon, Trina!

Unknown said...

Praying for RECOVERY for everyone!

Patientlywaiting said...

Trina,

Sorry the kids are sick but what precious time you had snuggling with them. Hope they are feeling better soon!

Hugs,
Robin

GIJaneDoe said...

I hope everyone is feeling better very soon. Enjoy all that extra lovin' while you can.

Love,
~demetra

Shonni said...

I have been holding sick children for over a week now, and I appreciated this post because I know that this is what my "mothers heart" wants and needs to do. I feel conflicted with what I need/want to do, and then have that "conversation" with myself to let it all go for now!. Sometimes my "selves" fight a little...but I appreciate this post...I needed the encouragement...let it all go, and hold those babies!
Thanks,
Shonni