Thursday, February 12, 2009

They Won, They Won!!!!


I'm so excited!! Love Without Boundaries won! I found out on Andrea's Blog. She got the "inside news" before the rest of us. She was so kind to allow me to copy her post.

"Thanks to those of you who voted (and prayed).

Love Without Boundaries will be awarded $35,000.This money will provide life saving surgeries like the one our son received in August of 2008. Amy Eldridge states that her life was changed forever when she first visited her youngest daughter's orphanage in China.On her return to the States, she helped to organize a national donation drive to provide heart surgeries for four orphaned children in China.Following those successful operations, she helped found Love Without Boundaries, taking the name from a flag given to her from the Chinese government that said, "Love Makes No Boundaries Between Countries."Amy has met many times with national leaders in China to discuss orphan projects and adoption.Her daily motto is James 1:27, and she was honored by Congress with an Angel in Adoption Award for her humanitarian work in China.She is the mom to seven children and has made dozens of trips to China to check on the progress of children in LWB programs.Thank you so much for voting.....This is just so cool! Andrea"

2 comments:

Shonni said...

YEAAAAAA....I'm so glad!!
We can make a difference - all together!

Jill said...

Yippeee!!! Great news! I'd forgotten when the end of the contest was.