Tomorrow, I will share all about our amazing week!
Here is part of Benjamin's story...the final clue....
Later that evening, the thought crossed my mind to do a search for the orphanage and maybe I could find someone that had more pictures of “Jasper” or maybe had visited his orphanage. I found a website for the Gejiu orphanage and an email to a family that lived in Yunnan, China.
Before I could look back at the website, Steve Wajda emailed me. For what felt like an eternity, I sat there staring at the computer, frozen. I finally clicked on the email to discover that “Jasper” (also known as Wu Hui, his Chinese name and HuiHui, his nickname) was indeed in Gejiu and was loved and cared for by a wonderful staff. Steve and Kim Wajda have worked in China for 10 years and have spent many years living in Gejiu and working with Sunrise Foundation.
Steve’s message was titled “Wu Hui”:
"What wonderful news! We love WuHui and he is a very special child for many reasons that I hope to be able to share with you some day in person.We were just in Gejiu for an extended period and gave WuHui lots of love. We lived in Gejiu while working with the orphanage for almost 7 years….We are supporting the orphanage and staff as much as we can. I can tell you that all our staff are hired and trained by us and that the children in Gejiu receive some of the best care in China. I will not be able to return to Gejiu until next month so will be unable to answer your questions until then. I have some photos that I can send you when you have made your final decision to adopt him."
Wow, I couldn’t believe what I was reading. It’s as if God dropped the most wonderful angels out of the sky and they landed in front of me. All I could do was cry. I emailed him back and thanked him for responding. In a few short minutes, he emailed several pictures. Wu Hui was almost 10 months old, which was 5 months older than the pictures in his file. He had lots of hair and was so handsome.
We continued working on our paperwork and waiting on China to Pre-Approve us. Normally, agencies like families to be Pre-Approved before they begin their dossier/paperwork. No way, I could have waited that long. Because we already had 5 children in the home, China requires one extra signature. We waited 118 days for Pre-Approval.
I think the hardest part was waiting during the winter when we knew the orphanage was only 30 degrees with no heat. We prayed for him that he would be hugged a lot, kissed often and loved much. We prayed that God would wrap angel wings around him and keep him warm. Although the waiting was so very challenging, it helped so much receiving pictures and many updates about our little guy.
Every month, I would get so excited knowing that our friends would visit and check on our HuiHui. I knew pictures would arrive soon. Once the pictures arrived, I would sit all day looking at them. I had the pictures printed and put in an album and just sat and looked at him. Then, I would get sad. I wanted my baby boy home with us. I was sad because each month he was changing and getting older. I was missing all his “firsts.” But God gave me peace and I was so grateful for our friends, HuiHui’s angels, the Wajda’s. I knew he was loved.















2 comments:
What an amazing story!!! Can't wait for more!
God is so gloriously, wonderously beyond words and I'm so glad we are His!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment