Monday, September 14, 2009

Alaina and soccer...

Alaina has had many practices with her new soccer team made up of 6 and 7 year old boys and girls. She's played three games so far and most of the games, she has been the goalie!! Yes, our little princess who loves the color pink, has been protecting the net. I have to admit the first time they put her in as goalie, my heart hurt. Yes, it's true...they are only 6 and 7 years old but my girly girl playing goalie?



Her first soccer practice... kicking with her left foot (four out of six of our kiddos are left handed).

And her first game...

Run, Alaina run!! (And yes, both teams have the same colors on..huh..but different shorts.)

She's played all the other positions, too as all the kids have. She's learning..and it's oh so cute. Her team has not won any games yet...but whenever she's the goalie, the other team has not scored...crack me up. I love this girl.


And the real reason she plays...
for the snack. It's fun being a kid.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I love soccer played when I was a kid and we try to do it with the kids once a year! We missed this year but we willl do it next I hope! What great pic's!

julia @say you will love me forever said...

yes, it's all about the snack!

Emily said...

dang she's cute-- but then all your kids are!

Sue Lucas said...

WOW The girly girl is awesome as a soccer!!! So Funny,You GO Alaina!!
Sue

Deb, Russ, Lily, Lucy and Lainey said...

Oh Trina... how cute... Alaina is the best.... she can go from pink princess with fancy shoes to rocky as a super star playing soccer..YOU GO ALAINA!!!!