Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A new baby from China...

A new little one will be added to our lives. Not in OUR little family of 8 but a family very close to us is starting the China adoption process! More details to follow after I get permission to post. :) All I can say is I'm soooooooooo, extremely excited!!!!!! I'm going to be an 'aunt' again!


I will always and forever advocate for these little ones without a mommy and daddy. Sharla posted a few days ago about her trip to Africa and feelings she is dealing with after she has returned home. It stirred my heart. You must go see her video and pictures of her trip. Here is what I commented on her blog:

"I think I know what you are feeling. I haven't been to Africa but I know what you mean (I think) of just our time with the homeless in our town. I thank God so much for our many blessings. He has blessed us so much. He could have chosen to give me a life like theirs..but he didn't. And I am always struggling to feel 'comfortable' enjoying these blessings.

I totally understand what you mean by the faces of those left behind. I can never forget...and I think that is why I will always 'remind' others to search their heart to adopt...or help others to adopt. Sometimes I might come across as a crazy lady. Sadly, many don't care to hear the details of the faces that are left behind. They are comfortable in their world. It's too disturbing for them to look at the faces...so they choose not to look and not listen and stay comfortable. It would be easier that way..'what we don't know..won't consume us.'

Anyway, Thanks for sharing. You have reminded me to share with our kids more often. They always need to be reminded. We all do. I sure wish we would have taken the boys to an orphanage in China. It has made a difference in Alexis's heart and I wish the boys could have experienced the same. Every adopted family needs to visit an orphanage while in China. Life changing. Hugs my friend. I miss you.