Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Sweet 16, Alexis!!

16 years ago in Washington, DC, during a winter snow storm, our beautiful baby girl was born. We were so in love with this tiny little baby. This past weekend has reminded me of that cold, sweet day. We have had a vast amount of snow and it's absolutely magnificent.

We had planned a grand party this past weekend but instead, we will be celebrating next weekend due to the weather. I cannot wait to share the details. We so eagerly were trying to plan a surprise party for her...but then started feeling a strong need to have Alexis's input. I'm so glad I did.

I was in the works of planning a really big party and inviting 100 girlfriends, renting a fun place and having dinner, music, chocolate, and a movie on the big screen.

After she said she would prefer a smaller party, well...I'm eager to please...especially our Sweet 16.

So, next weekend, check back for all the fun. It's not a cruise. It's not a limousine. It's not shopping in New York. But, it's fun.

Friends, chocolate and shopping. She will be smiling. :)

6 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy to your sweet Alexis! What a special day!! I can't wait to hear all about the party! It sounds like it will be fabulous.

TanyaLea said...

Sounds like it will be the perfect celebration for your special 16 year old!! And looks like the weather in DC is a reminder of what happened the day she was born. I heard they have nearly 3 feet of snow piling up there...crazy!...that's more then we have here in Minnesota!!

Happy Sweet Sixteen, Alexis...I know that title suits you very well! :) You and my Sweet Khloe have share the same special b-day! I can't wait to celebrate it WITH her on her 3rd...but she'll have to enjoy the Big #2 in China this year! :( Sad for me... :) Happy for her!!

Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya

Jennifer B. said...

Happy Birthday Alexis! 16 is sweet and scary at the same time for the parents.
Jennifer B.
Aysia's mom

Naomi said...

I really want to take this opportunity to wish you a Very Happy Sweet 16th Birthday!!! You are such a precious daughter of the King and it is evident that the Lord has His hand upon you and wonderful things in store!!!

I cannot wait to see what is planned this weekend!!

Sophie said...

Happy birthday, what a beautiful young lady she is!!
Oh how I wish I could join in on all the fun, can't wait to see all the pics. Enjoy this special day with your beautiful blessing my friend.

Katrina said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl!!!