Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hudson's Referral Day...

I just can't let the day go without celebrating this special date. February 2, 2007, our sweet, handsome Hudson came into our lives. It's the day that we were blessed with seeing his picture for the first time. Copied from our website, here is Hudson's referral day story...

What an emotional day!!! We knew we would see our baby’s sweet face for the first time. Joel needed to spend a few hours at work but promised he would be home before “the call”. CCAI, our agency told us that we would receive the call between noon and 5PM. I set up the tripod and the camcorder. We got all the cameras ready and the “question sheet” to ask all about our baby. Around 12:30, we received an email from our friends, Paul and Renee that said they just got the news of little Emily. She is so cute and only 7 months old. We waited and waited and waited. Finally, at 1:10PM, the phone rang and the caller ID said Chinese Children. We answered the call and Penny’s sweet bubbly voice was on the line. The first thing she said was, “It’s a boy!” She said his birthday is December 25, 2005. At that point, I couldn’t get past those two bits of information.
One, we knew we could get a boy but for some reason I was in shock. In my mind, I just couldn’t stop thinking “BOY!” Then I realized that his birthday was on Christmas. My birthday is close to Christmas so I knew what that was like so all I could think about was how in the world are we going to pull this off….a Christmas birthday. She continued to tell us all the details about him but my mind totally zoned and didn’t hear anything else she said. Joel took the pen out of my hand and took over the note-taking. Thankfully, we had the camcorder running so I can go back and watch it. I'm so happy that we recorded the smile on Joel's face while she was talking...priceless. We talked to Penny for about an hour. After we hung up, she emailed a picture of him. All the kids were around waiting for the email to arrive. I forgot to turn the camcorder on and I wish I would have. The kids went crazy when they saw their little brother.

Joel B announced, “There is my little buddy and I’m going to sleep with him.” He plans on sharing a room with him. Alexis was in love at first site and Zachary just giggled. Alaina entertained us with her beautiful smile and joy. I could hardly see the computer because they were on top of it. I finally was able to really notice his sweet little cheeks and perfect little lips. He really looks like Joel B. and Alexis at that age.

And the next day, Mr. FedEx man, brought his complete file with many other adorable pictures.

Hudson, you are the sweetest little guy. So smart. So handsome. I cannot imagine life without you. You are such a blessing to everyone you meet. You warm my heart when you hug me often and tell me how much you love me...and always telling me, "You're the best, Mom." We love you Hudson! Your special day will always be one of the best days of my life.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a cutie! It's so much fun to relive those moments when our world changed;) How awesome that you have all of those pictures to help remember it!