Thursday, April 15, 2010

Joel B's 12th Birthday...with the family

He's a man now (so he thinks). I love this kid. I can't help myself.
He's the best student in the world for this homeschool mom. Always gets his work done.
A true comedian. Always has been.Joel B. has an amazing gift of organization and cleaning...although he just announced that he wants to buy a lawnmower so he can start is own lawn cutting service. I told him that I have plenty of work here at our house and that I would love for him to help me. Nope, he wants a "man's" job. Sorry my little buddy, you will still be helping your mother even if you do mow lawns.

So, we celebrated the big 12. He chose hamburgers and fries (and I added the green beans to the menu) for the birthday lunch.
And brownies for the birthday treat. It was simple and sweet. The FUN FRIEND party is coming soon. Imagine four preteen boys, go carts and laser tag. Stay tuned. It might get messy. Aww..the joy of having boys. :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a great day! Oh yes ... the joy of boys! Cannot wait to hear all about the party!

Serving the King said...

LOVE boys!! Aren't they great?! It's all about the food and the sporting equipment and the food and the food. Gotta love em! Happy Birthday Joel!