Remember his crib tent? He was such a happy boy in his bed underneath his secure crib tent. But...it was time.
Our crib has been up for 16 years {minus only a year or two}. Yes, you read that correctly.When Zachary was born, Alexis was only 17 months old so she was booted from the crib.
Then, by the time Zachary was done with the crib, Joel B was born.
After Joel B was born, we moved so we packed the crib. While our house was being built, we lived in an apartment and set up the crib for Joel B.
A year later, we moved into our house...and for the first time, the crib went to the attic {for about a year}...until we decided to adopt Ms. Alaina.
Then, Mr. Hudson came into our lives and one year later, Mr. Benjamin.
So when Benjamin was hesitant about saying bye- bye to the baby bed and his crib tent, I didn't mind. The crib is just apart of our house. It belongs. :)

















5 comments:
natalie was 16 months when she got booted out by luke!!
sigh... the packing away of baby things... we will be on that road too-- i am partly excited to be finished with that phase- but sad too
i liked your ending-- :)!
I,too, was sad when that crib left the girls' room. But, I'm now at the point that I'm thankful I will not see it again. Sad for the years that went by too quickly, but at peace knowing our family is complete.
Way to go, Benjamin! Love your big boy bed! Can't wait to hear that the crib is coming out of the attic soon! ;)
Hugs,
Robin
Amen to the little girlie pink ruffles and lace!!!!! Hey When I saw the last blog I about cracked up it was sooooo funny seeing the boys riding on the back of the trik
with their costumes hanging on them I laughed &gazer snickered for hours.
I really needed that little giggle!! they are so funny
Hi! Long time no comment. Sorry!
I loved this post, especially your ending and the sweet pics of Benjamin.
16 year is a long time. Wow! You go girl!
Post a Comment