My birthday was a sweet one. Joel took me out for breakfast while Alexis was home working on a surprise: The Best Chocolate Cake. Little did I know, she had been planning to make this for me for weeks. She loves Amanda's blog and all her domestic ideas. Sure enough, it was truly the best chocolate cake ever. Hint: heat it in the microwave. Mmmmm...delicious. And I was so happy that she had cleaned up her 'mess' before I got home. :)
Several days before my birthday, Alaina {age 7.5} had this vision {I'm sure from God...haha}of celebrating my day. She shared it with the rest of the family and everybody followed along. It was her idea for Joel to take me to breakfast...and she even picked the perfect restaurant. She wanted me out of the house so they could plan the big party.
Several days before my birthday, Alaina {age 7.5} had this vision {I'm sure from God...haha}of celebrating my day. She shared it with the rest of the family and everybody followed along. It was her idea for Joel to take me to breakfast...and she even picked the perfect restaurant. She wanted me out of the house so they could plan the big party.
We had a yummy late lunch as a family and then...chocolate cake. Oh my it was good.
Joel had wrapped my gifts in Christmas paper {it's ok..I'm used to it}. My favorite. Chocolate covered almonds.


And to go along with the chocolate covered almonds, a Gold's Gym aerobic step. Yeah. I got it out of the box...and wow. I miss this so much. I taught step aerobics {group fitness is now the politically correct title, I believe..haha} for many years and even while pregnant. I had forgotten how much I missed it. Now, since the birthday, have I used it...while listening to very loud music? No. Not yet. But I will. I hope. Sigh. That's my goal. :) 

Now the chocolate covered almonds, not an issue. I'm eating those...and hidden in my bathroom. Shshshsh..don't tell the kids. Alright already, I did share them when I opened them...but the rest are mine. :)
The rest of my day, I spent getting ready for family gatherings, Christmas wrapping, stocking stuffing, and more birthday preparation.
I'm so blessed.
{Hudson's party details, our little family Christmas, family time at our house, family time with Joel's family AND my sweet nephew, Caden is home. More details...soon.}
The rest of my day, I spent getting ready for family gatherings, Christmas wrapping, stocking stuffing, and more birthday preparation.
I'm so blessed.
{Hudson's party details, our little family Christmas, family time at our house, family time with Joel's family AND my sweet nephew, Caden is home. More details...soon.}















3 comments:
Happy birthday sweet friend, are we the same day? 26th??
Hope you had a wonderful day and a beautiful Christmas. The cake looks yummy by the way.
Happy Birthday my friend!! What a great day and what caring kiddos you have!! LOL on your comment about a little girl on my header on Emily's blog!! Ha! You made me near spit my coffee out on my keyboard from laughing. I would really hate for Alexis to have to do a complete redesign using girl colors so I'd better stick with where we are....but then those AG dolls sure are cute...hmmmmm....dilemma.
The cake Alexis made looks AMAZING. And, I think you should savor every chocolate almond!
Happy Birthday!
HUH! My word verification is Changsha!! Go figure! That is where my daughter lived!
Post a Comment