Thursday, August 28, 2008

Alaina's 4th Day!!

This morning, Ms. Alaina got up just a little earlier so she could ride the bus. It was so sweet watching Joel walk her to the bus stop as they held hands. She came home with a big smile as usual. We can tell she is having a good time.

We are getting tired especially me! I'm staying up late getting homeschool stuff organized and then getting up early to get her ready for school. I've always gotten so much done at night while the kids are asleep. I can go in their room and vacuum or do laundry and nothing wakes them up at night. In the morning...it's a different story. They don't sleep as long in the morning if I'm up doing laundry and moving around. So..we continue to make adjustments and try to figure out how to get our needed sleep and still be able to get everything done.

Alaina is having fun at school but she is very tired as well. She goes to sleep as soon as her head hits the pillow.

After dinner tonight, she gave me a three point list of why she thinks she doesn't want to go to school anymore. Very cute.

She says, "Number One: I don't get as much sleep. Number Two: I don't get to see the baby boys very much. Number Three: It's boring and I have not learned anything."

Well, I know it's the first week of school and they are just getting started. When Joel was in Kindergarten, he was reading by December just in a few months...so I know she will be reading soon. Her expressions are just super cute and she is so serious about it. As much as I want her to be home with me, I offered her encouragement with her three point list.

No comments: