
I'm not a singer although I love to sing. I must know the words to the song and even study the "theology" in the song before it can really speak to me. Music ministers to my heart more than any other way, I believe. God brought this song to me a few months ago so I looked up the lyrics and found it on YouTube. Wow!! I love this song! All things are possible through Christ!
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Another favorite verse is Isaiah 40:31.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not be faint.
While we were waiting on Benjamin to come home for 9 long months, a verse that gave me hope was Psalm 97:5. So many times throughout the wait, He "melted" many mountains to help us bring our little guy home.
The mountains melt like wax before the LORD,
before the Lord of all the earth.
That's why I love this song. It is so powerful and gets the message across that through Him, NOT on my own, all things are possible. I need to play this song loudly on the days that I need reminded that He is here for me...carrying me through, rescuing me when I fall.
And finally...you have to hear Nicole C. Mullen sing these amazing lyrics. I know it's an old song but I always get chill bumps when I hear it.
Verse 1:
I'm so very ordinary, nothing special on my own.
Oh, I have never walked on water,
And I have never calmed a storm.
Sometimes I'm hiding away from the madness around me
Like a child who's afraid of the dark
Chorus:
But when I call on Jesus,
All things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar
When I call on Jesus,
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call
La la la la la, la la la la la
Verse 2:
Weary brother, broken daughter,
widowed, widowed lover, you're not alone
If you're tired and scared of the madness around you
If you can't find the strength to carry on
Chorus:
When you call on Jesus,
All things are possible
You can mount on wings like eagles' and soar
When you call on Jesus,
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue you when you--
Bridge:
Call Him in the mornin', in the afternoon time
Late in the evenin'
He'll be there
When your heart is broken,
And you feel discouraged,
You can just remember that He said
He'll be there
Chorus (2x):
When I call on Jesus,
All things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar
When I call on Jesus,
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me (back to top first time, 2nd time finish with "when I call")
La la la la la, la la la la la, la la la la la-a-a
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Another favorite verse is Isaiah 40:31.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not be faint.
While we were waiting on Benjamin to come home for 9 long months, a verse that gave me hope was Psalm 97:5. So many times throughout the wait, He "melted" many mountains to help us bring our little guy home.
The mountains melt like wax before the LORD,
before the Lord of all the earth.
That's why I love this song. It is so powerful and gets the message across that through Him, NOT on my own, all things are possible. I need to play this song loudly on the days that I need reminded that He is here for me...carrying me through, rescuing me when I fall.
And finally...you have to hear Nicole C. Mullen sing these amazing lyrics. I know it's an old song but I always get chill bumps when I hear it.
Verse 1:
I'm so very ordinary, nothing special on my own.
Oh, I have never walked on water,
And I have never calmed a storm.
Sometimes I'm hiding away from the madness around me
Like a child who's afraid of the dark
Chorus:
But when I call on Jesus,
All things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar
When I call on Jesus,
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call
La la la la la, la la la la la
Verse 2:
Weary brother, broken daughter,
widowed, widowed lover, you're not alone
If you're tired and scared of the madness around you
If you can't find the strength to carry on
Chorus:
When you call on Jesus,
All things are possible
You can mount on wings like eagles' and soar
When you call on Jesus,
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue you when you--
Bridge:
Call Him in the mornin', in the afternoon time
Late in the evenin'
He'll be there
When your heart is broken,
And you feel discouraged,
You can just remember that He said
He'll be there
Chorus (2x):
When I call on Jesus,
All things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar
When I call on Jesus,
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me (back to top first time, 2nd time finish with "when I call")
La la la la la, la la la la la, la la la la la-a-a















1 comment:
Ok, this is too funny. I have been thinking about commenting on my blog about the songs I have on my playlist for the exact reasons you just talked about. Really! I, too, feel like music is such a powerful way to get the word of God and the truths of His character into my heart and mind. Some of my best times with God are in my Honda Odyssey with a Christian CD playing in the backgroud. Nicole C. Mullen is one of my favorites. I actually keep her CD in my husband's care b/c I generally drive that car at night as I am running errands by myself. I completely crank up the volume and listen to her. So many great songs on that CD. I actually tried to get that song on my phone as a ringtone a few years ago but couldn't figure out how to do it. Have you heard the song "resurrection" by nicole sparnburg (??can't remember her last name??) of selah? That is one of my newest songs. Such great great words and a super powerful singer. julia.
Post a Comment