Friday, September 5, 2008

Pancakes for lunch...

I walked in the kitchen today and waiting on me was the Whisper Mill, a mixing bowl and the Pampered Chef griddle. Zachary was dropping hints to let me know he was hungry and would like pancakes for lunch. Pancakes are best at lunch or dinner in my opinion! Our favorite grain is Kamut and it's Zachary's favorite pancakes....and mine,too. They are really easy to make with only a few ingredients: eggs, milk, oil, freshly milled flour (whatever grain we want to use), baking powder, and salt. Sometimes we add fruit which makes it really tasty. The recipe book that I like to use is the Breadbeckers Recipe Collection.

We need to bake bread more often as it's super easy to make and incredibly healthy. It's actually even easier to make than pancakes. In our Zojirushi bread machine, I add: hot water, honey, oil, freshly milled flour, salt and yeast. That's it! I close the lid and it bakes on it's own. The aroma throughout the house is bread-heavenly. I think I will go right now and make a loaf...yum!

No comments: