Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Alaina's beautiful art....

Wow, look at all the animals that God made!

Isn't this the most amazing little drawing? Alaina's school is having an art contest and Alaina thought she would draw a picture so she could win a trophy. I told her she might not win a trophy but she will get a ribbon for trying. She pouted a little and said, "It's not about having fun. I really want to win a trophy." Oh my. This could be a really wonderful time to learn a life lesson...LOL. We will know who are the winners of the contest in a few weeks. Either way, Alaina, your mommy thinks it's beautiful and we are very proud of you! Alaina learned how to draw these cute little pictures by studying this wonderful little art book that was a gift from Grandma. Alaina has amazed us with her ability to draw these pictures. It gives her step by step instructions on how to draw. After school, Alaina spends most of her day drawing and coloring.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Oh wow, you have another artist!! Amazing :)

Jill said...

What a cute picture! I hope she'll still learn about the importance and value of her work whether she wins or not (but trophies are rather nice!:).

a Tonggu Momma said...

She's five?!!?? Alaina truly IS an artist!

And Trina - I just needed you to know that you are now among one of my new best friends. I didn't think anything could make me feel better after my humiliation. But your story... that - THAT - made me feel so much better. Thank you so, so, so much!!!!