Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall Festival 2008


Alaina loved her costume.

Hudson the lion. RRRRRR....!

Benjamin the dog. Woof!

"See my tail? I'm a Leopard! Meow! "
My big babies are too "mature" to dress up anymore...boohoo. This is a little sad for me because I LOVE planning their costumes almost as much as planning their "themed" birthday parties. Some of my favorites.....
The "clowns" were parading their costumes in the fall of 2004. This was Alaina's first Fall Festival. I worked really hard on these costumes. I found Alexis's dress at a charity store and took it apart...it turned out so adorable. I also found her shoes there (very clean and made sure they were disinfected..LOL) and painted them red....and added glitter. I took an old pair of shoes that were mine and painted them gray for Zachary. Notice Joel B's Cowardly Lion costume....look familiar? (We recycle.) Taken in the fall of 2005. Isn't "Alaina the Scarecrow" just too cute in 2005? (Hudson was born two months after this picture was taken....precious thought)
And this one was in 2006, the last year my older two babies dressed up. I have to admit, I didn't work very hard on this one but they were still so cute. Last year, 2007, we had three adorable cowboys/cowgirl. Isn't Hudson just the cutest little cowboy.....his first costume....2007. (This is the week we were waiting not so patiently on the news if Benjamin would be forever ours...if the agency chose us as his parents.)
And as you can see, Benjamin is right in the middle of our cute kiddos eating his lollipop. I'm thankful that our older kiddos are such big helpers. Each of the older ones held the hand of a little one and walked them around to collect their candy.
This is the first year that Joel B chose his own costume....different from Mama's theme for the "babies." Joel B was Darth Vader with the mask, Lightsaber and all. Still...very cute.
We spent the evening at our church Fall Festival. We had fun playing games and our children's pastor shared the Gospel.
Benjamin's first piece of candy! And his second and third....from the same person.
We walked from 'trunk to trunk' and collected more candy than we could ever eat. Look at those little animals! By the second or third trunk, Benjamin knew the routine. He enjoyed picking up the candy himself instead of them putting it in his bag for him.
We were so excited to have John McCain (Kevin) and Sarah Palin (Martha)with us tonight! They were "voted" the "best trunk." And the gentleman standing behind them....well...they had a "beach theme" for their trunk. Burrr....but very,very cute...sand and all.
Hudson ate candy after candy all the way home. Surprisingly, he went to bed just fine.
And lots of chocolate for Mommy....(and Daddy,too).

3 comments:

Jill said...

What a cute pack of animals you have! :) (Darth...well, I'm guessing he's too old to want to be called cute. ;) Looks like they got a lot of loot!

Deb, Russ, Lily, Lucy and Lainey said...

Trina and Joel,
You have a wonderful family and the kids looked so great.
I know it was an exciting time for you all. You are so blessed to have such wonderful children.
The costumes were awesome.
We are so grateful that you and your family are so close and we so appreciate your love and support.
love-
deb and russ

Jennifer said...

Very cute!!!

The kids looked like they had a blast!

Jen