Thursday, May 14, 2009

Part 2...Oh NO they didn't!!

Oh yes, they did!!

Wednesday night, we came home from church, and Benjamin was very tired. He was so sweet while getting him ready for bed...kissing on me...many hugs...heavenly. We did our night time routine...and he was so happy and comfortable in his bed. I told him that I was going to get Hudson and I would be back. While bringing Hudson upstairs...brushing his teeth...getting him ready for bed, Benjamin was very quiet and I assumed he was asleep.

Wrong.

I walked in to see this....

Totally naked. Diaper off. Wet bed. Big smile. Unhappy mom.

But(t), (no pun intended) I'm laughing about it now.

After such a day like Tuesday, I really felt like I needed to do some super cleaning. I asked Amy, a sweet friend to come help me today around the house. We had a very productive four hours. PTL!! We did a little bit of everything.

Oh wait. There is more. Oh NO they didn't...

After Amy left, a friend of ours called to let us know they should be getting their referral soon. Yippee! We talked for several minutes...when I began to wonder.

At the top of the stairs, looking down, were the cutest little guys smiling and laughing.

Laughing because they were taking cups, adding water from the bathroom,

and pouring water overboard. Several cups. Each.

Yes, over the balcony...stairs soaked.

Hold on, there is one more thing...

The baby boys had a big dinner. Tummies are full. Alexis cleans up little hands and faces and got them up from their chairs. She makes her way up stairs to get ready for dance...leaving them for 3 minutes...when we heard Alaina yell...

"Mom, they have dumped out the [shredded] cheese on the rug, and they are eating it!"

Is it 'spring fever' or what? Please tell me it's not just my kids. Anybody else have any stories to share this week?

11 comments:

TanyaLea said...

OH MY!! ...sounds like you need a heavy dose of God's grace!! :)

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

It's a good thing you have a sense of humor! Oh my...just wait....until they are teenagers with those imaginations!! Yikes! :) Then one day they will have children of their own and you can sit back and enjoy the paybacks!

Shonni said...

It is age + boys + they have each other to motivate (LOL) You really are going to have to keep them under "lock and key" as they say

The Landes Family said...

Oh, yeah, Miss Talicee put all of the lotion in the bathtub and then proceeded to pour all of the conditioner and shampoo on top of it. She is very sneaky and quiet. So no you are not alone.

Carrie said...

It is not just your kids! But thanks for the laughs!

Jill said...

LOL Sorry, I had to laugh! M's had her diaper off at daycare twice now - and made a mess both times. It's not just boys.

~Dee Ann's Photos~ said...

I couldn't stop from laughing out loud!

Jill said...

Oh Trina! Thanks for the good laugh!! And no, it's not just your kids!!
Hugs, Jill

Connie J said...

Oh, Trina, you make me feel so good, knowing I'm not alone :) WE are definitely outnumbered. Do you mind that I laughed ... especially knowing my zoo is only getting more active in a few months :)
Blessings~
Connie

Anonymous said...

hi Trina! i haven't had a chance to comment yet, but i have been enjoying your *hilarious* posts about your young sons! something for me to look forward to???? it's good to have a sense of humor with boys, i guess!
thanks for the laugh at your expense :) .

Patientlywaiting said...

Wow, these two are going to give you a run for your money but I know you wouldn't have it any other way!

Hugs,
Robin