Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Alaina...Dance Recital May 2009










Dancing to 'Puppy Love'...






The audience consisted of a very large crowd including Hudson and Benjamin...

Alaina reminded me to tell Daddy not to forget her roses.

It was such a long day for Alexis, Alaina and me. I'm sure it was even a longer day for Joel, back home and at the field with four boys. The big boys had ball games so the little boys tagged along...all day. They made it just in time to see the evening performance and watch their sisters dance.


Joel misunderstood me when he thought that I said he would only have to be there 20 minutes. What I had said was that he would be there 20 minutes into the second act. Well, the first act lasted about an hour.

No diaper bag, no snacks. Only what they wore all day long at the ball field. They were so cute in their dirty, sweaty ball clothes.
Benjamin wasn't in this picture because he was getting his (dirty) diaper changed (diaper borrowed from a friend). LOL


It was the longest day on earth...and this is such a busy season of our lives...but wouldn't have it any other way.



Joy. Pure Joy.

6 comments:

Sharla M. said...

Alaina, you are following in your big sisters footsteps! You look so beautiful and so joyful! I wish I could see you and Alexis dance...maybe next season! Abby and Mackenzie would love to see the tow of you dance too!

Hugs...

Jill said...

Oh Trina! She is soooo stunning! What gorgeous pictures! The sacrifice your family made for the recital was worth it!!
Hugs, Jill

Carrie said...

Oh following after Big sister! How cute!

Shonni said...

She is absolutely the cuttest dancer I have ever seen!
We have also had long days like you described...some how those things just work out and you laugh about it.

TanyaLea said...

Following in her big sister's "dance" shoes!! :) She's just lovely all done up in her recital attire! Love the group photo with the siblings, too!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Jennifer B. said...

Good job Alaina, you look beautiful! Always keep that smile when you are dancing