Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oink!!

I could have titled this post many things...


H1N1


Temps of 104


5 sick kids out of 6


I've earned my nursing degree this week.


Mucus and More


God Protects Mom and Dad from the piggy flu


Sleep Deprived Mommy


The Never Ending Sickness.


But I chose OINK! I thought you would get the point quicker that way.

Yeah, it has not been fun. At some point throughout the last week, we have had 4 children sleeping on their mattresses on our bedroom floor. Imagine the smell of Vicks and the sound of the humidifier. Imagine the top of my chest of drawers covered in all kinds of medicine and thermometers. And the sound of coughing (and snoring) throughout the night.



Thankfully, Joel, Joel B and I have not had IT and that is a total miracle. PTL! For me especially since I have been in the stuff...face to face coughing. And the fact that Joel B has not had IT, we are so grateful. Joel B has asthma (not often but once a year ... worse as a toddler), and apparently, it's a different disease when asthmatic kids have IT.


Besides sharing lots of germs inside our house, we have shared lots of love, hugs and wet kisses. And believe it or not, we have done some school.

5 comments:

jeanette said...

well, praising God 3 of you don't have IT...and praying that the others recover quickly....and that you get some good sleep soon! :)

Carrie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear your kiddos have been sick! I'll be praying for a quick recovery for all and that you don't get it! ;)

TanyaLea said...

Such a bummer to be dealing with all that sickness in your home. We are praying you are all back to 100% SOON!! Take care and get some rest over the weekend!

love and hugs,
~Tanya

day by day said...

Oh, no! So sorry to hear that! Ella just came down with it, also, and it is the sickest I have ever seen her! I hope that everyone feels better soon!!!

~Michelle

GIJaneDoe said...

Poor babies! Poor Mommy! I hope and pray everyone is on the mend.