Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas 2009

December was such an eventful month so I just can't leave any details unmentioned...even if it is mid-January. :) After talking to several good friends, I felt so much better knowing that they have not taken their tree down either.

We said we would always be home for Christmas morning and make those sweet memories for our children. As our plans finally unfolded, we were going to make the best of it. We needed to be with my parents this year on Christmas day so....we decided to pretend that December 22, was Christmas Eve and December 23, my birthday, was Christmas morning.



We were sooooo busy on the 21st doing those last minute things. Benjamin, bless his heart, was exhausted, too and just couldn't make it to his bed. I love this picture. I love how our big kiddos love our little ones.



Notice Thomas the Train beside Benjamin. Thomas never leaves his side. I have some sweet stories to share about Benjamin and Thomas's relationship. Soon.

The night before Christmas (Dec 22), all the gifts were under the tree, waiting for little people to open them.

It really did feel like Christmas morning...

First, the stockings...



(notice: Thomas the Train siting)



The kids enjoy drawing names and exchanging gifts with one other sibling. Not sure why Hudson is upset. He LOVED his Jonas Brothers backpack from Sissy. Notice Benjamin's Thomas backpack from Alaina.

Thankfully, our family is so generous. Normally, Joel and I don't have to buy the kids much because our family buys almost their entire wishlist. They have always been that way. Normally, they send money and I do all the shopping and wrapping. Imagine...all the shopping for 6 kids....and the wrapping. I really should start earlier this year. :)

Ms. Alexis got a shopping spree certificate from family. Her favorite gift, I believe is her new lg Chocolate Touch cell phone! She quickly wanted it to be dressed in style so she won (from ebay) the cutest case.

The older boys made their wish list and only wanted me to shop on ebay. They made the list complete with the price they wanted me to bid and what shipping should be. Smart boys. Zachary's favorite gift was his Texans jersey. Aunt J sent money and we won the bid on ebay for a fraction of the cost. He wears it almost daily.

Joel B just can't decide what his favorite gift was. He wears his new blue robe from Benjamin daily but the PSP is often in his hands. Joel B and Zachary had listed PSPs on their ebay shopping list and we won...for half the cost of a new one. They are as happy as can be. The games on ebay are the best deals...as we could buy three for what one would cost full price.
Oh...the most played with gift in the house...the basketball hoop...displayed in the foyer. When the boys are being rough in the foyer, shooting hoops, I think of the Tim Hawkins homeschool video..LOL. That's us. :)

Alaina's wishlist is always short and sweet.


She wants to start collecting My Littlest Pets. Isn't this one adorable? She found this one in her stocking.
Mammaw so graciously invited Molly to live with us. Alaina has wanted Molly for so long. I'm not sure why really as all the dolls from American Girl are adorable. I think because she is a tap dancer. The shoes are so cute with little taps on them.

Hudson's favorite gift was his guitar. He played for us all morning as we opened gifts.

At my birthday party, he sang Happy Birthday as he played his guitar.

And...Drum roll please....
We had two very happy boys as soon as they saw their new train set and table.
At first, Benjamin thought the train set was his and his only. We had to work out some attitudes in the sharing department and split up the trains, putting initials on each.

They play and play and play daily with their trains. Soooo cute. More Christmas updates to follow. :)

No comments: