One month from today, February 8, our oldest baby girl is turning 16! I'm still in disbelief. Is it possible?We want to celebrate our girl in a big way. Every year since she was born, I've gone overboard with birthday celebrations. I love the themed parties and having all her friends around. We could do a big party or we could do a mother/daughter/friend celebration. I need ideas!! Is there anything that maybe you all have done that was special for your daughter (or son)? Here are a few things that come to mind:
A few years ago, Brio magazine had a mother/daughter cruise...and she thought that sounded like so much fun. She was too young back then but now thought that would be a blast. I'm not even sure of the cost and I know Brio magazine isn't around anymore.
She loves chocolate, dance, China, orphans, pearls, shopping (especially shopping), clothes, pandas, the color purple, cheesecake and blog designing (not in that order and wouldn't have to be combined).
She would love photography lessons...and thought about that locally.
She loves being photographed. I thought about taking her to a photo session (and possibly pursuing a modeling agency). The girl is soooo photogenic.
She really is easy to please and would be thrilled with going shopping and eating chocolate with a friend. I do want to make it really special either way.
So...I need ideas. As many as possible. Shout it out. All ideas are possible ones. We are open.















5 comments:
Oh I love the idea of pearls she can keep them forever and maybe one day when she has a daughter who turns 16 she can pass them down to her. You can put them in a box of chocolates maybe? I love chocolate and pearls, she's my kind of girl!
I've NO ideas for you Trina...sounds like you have some great ones already!
Had to chime in that I think she is a SUPER great gal!
check this idea out..
http://29lincolnavenue.blogspot.com/2009/10/project-10.html
i think it may be even more cherished and memorable for a 16 yr old (it is an idea a friend of mine from college posted regarding her 10yr old's b-day).
They all sound like excellent ideas, but you know where my passion is...photography! I think the photography lessons are a great idea!
Ryan, my soon to be 16 year old (gasp), and I enjoy going out with cameras and walking around to take photos. No plans, nothing expected, just whatever we come home with.
Whatever you decide, I'm sure Alexis will enjoy it and appreciate it! You have one special girl there, Trina!
Love to all,
~demetra
For my 16th Birthday, my parents had a "theme" party of Jane Austen, since that is one of my favorite things. It was so much fun. I love observing your themed parties. :) Too bad you couldn't let her go see a Broadway or dance-related show.
Since she loves shopping, perhaps a Scavenger hunt? And each place she goes would be a store where she could either buy something or there would be something special waiting for her to open/see.?
Also, there are several local Tea Taverns that are quite a fun place to be. Perhaps if you did the scavenger hunt idea, you could have the last "stop" be at a tea shoppe?
Post a Comment