Remember a few weeks ago, I announced that my brother and SIL had started the process to adopt from China? They are still working on their dossier and were not expecting such a surprise so fast. They saw his cute face on the CCAI Waiting Child list, started researching, and God made it so clear that he was their child. His SN is 'congenital missing rib.' I could share so many miracles in the process already...#1 His file was being prepared to send back to China so the WC ladies were so excited when my SIL called with the news that they wanted him. In fact, the ladies in the WC were clapping. When my SIL told me, I imagined that many angels in Heaven were clapping and celebrating,too.
#2 His original update did not give very much information. We prayed that God would make it very clear to them in this decision. The very next day, they got an email from the WC department with an update. The update said he was running and he is a normal, healthy little boy!!
#3 My SIL, a nurse, researched for hours until we both understood his file. Medical files from China are like puzzles. Even if they are translated in to English, they are still hard to understand.
My SIL and I, together, were like investigators. She met with her doctor. I discussed his medical file with my doctor (who is also our good friend and always there for us) and my chiropractor. It's amazing how these three men spoke such words of wisdom and helped us understand his "special need." Peace.
#4 A friend in town, that we love dearly, in our adoption group, adopted a little girl with the same special need as my nephew. So for months, I have been suggesting she call CCAI and find out about him. They have not been home long with their little girl so she didn't feel ready. When my SIL called and told me she was looking at a file of a little boy on the CCAI site, and then told me which one, I was so excited. The same little guy that I have been loving for months....would soon be my nephew.
#5 And then God provided a fourth doctor...
The same friend had taken their daughter with the same SN, to Shriners in Philadelphia, PA. Her doctor is known all over the world. My SIL called his office and talked to one of his nurses. The nurse said that she could not promise that he could call her back. Within in minutes, the sweetest, most caring doctor from Shriners called her on her cell phone. After the call, she knew all was well. I think days before this, they felt he was theirs but after this call, they were ready. How exciting that they will get to meet this doctor when they bring him home. As many know, Shriners covers all costs. Amazing.
#6 The CCAI Henan sponsorship program supports the children every month and allows them to live with a foster family. I emailed a bloggy friend, Emily. She and her husband created Henan International (link on my sidebar) so I thought maybe they knew more about the program and could give us ideas on finding his 'sponsor.'
I'm glad I was sitting down when I received the email back from her that read, "We are his sponsor!!!!!!" Read Emily's post about how her son, Luke prays for my nephew daily. Precious. Only God.
#7 And the most amazing miracle of all....
As many of you know, our Alexis started her blog/website design business for the purpose of supporting orphans and her next mission trip. We have been waiting for direction from the Lord on where and when to go. We finally decided where we want and plan to go. We were not just sure of when.
Would you believe it's to my nephew's orphanage?!!! Oh yes. LuoHe Lily Orphan Care Center, where my nephew is waiting.
CCAI will arrange for us to stay in the orphanage and care for the little ones...and we can stay as long as we want. We really had planned to go this summer...but have not felt the timing was right. And now...I don't want to be the first to hold him. I would truly love that but I want to give that blessing to my brother and SIL.
They should have him home by this Christmas so my nephew can join in the fun...
They should have him home by this Christmas so my nephew can join in the fun...
And join all his crazy cousins...
Life is good. Thank you, Jesus for answering my prayers in your time...and calling my brother and SIL to this precious little guy, my nephew.















14 comments:
CONGRATS...he is an ADORABLE little guy! They are so blessed!!
Thank you for listing all that God has done. I think it's so important to share how He works in the details and he cares about us so very much. May ALL glory and honor and praises reflect back onto Him!! <><
God is GOOD!!!
(((hugs!)))
Oh, I just LOVE IT!! What an ADORABLE little guy he is!!! Wow!! God is so good!!!
Congrats!! on being a Aunt again and for your brothers family as well. He is just adorble.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys to go to LuoHe-- where our Ben is from-- if i didn't have so many littles-- i'd spend a good month there myself...sigh..... i truly want that little guy on the website with a missing hand....God is so good and faithful- and it was breaking my heart that this little guy's file was being returned-- I was so happy he was going to someone I "knew"!!!!!!!!! yippeee!!!!!!
Wow, this is so awesome! I love how God's handiwork is all over this adoption! It shouldn't surprise me though because God's heart is for the orphan! Praying the process goes quick for them!
Hugs,
Robin
it's me again!!!!
forgot to go on and on about how CUTE he is!!!!!!!!!!!!! we would love to come east and meet him someday!! in the meantime-- he is being prayed for by small, but mighty prayer warriors!
Such wonderful news!!!
Congratulations, Auntie! Please forward the congratulations to his parents.
Wonderful and amazing story! How exciting. Thanks for sharing. We are still waiting on our LOA - day 56. Please pray for it to come soon!
Trina,
He is so handsome and I know you all are so excited... What a great family you have. Our God is faithful. We just have to be, right? Cannot wait to follow along as this handsome little one is placed in the arms of his forever family. Hoping to meet him soon. So happy for all, There is nothing like adopting. It is doing God's will.
love -
deb
Congratulations! What an amazing God story!
Ummm, Alexis, I've been thinking for a while about having you update my blog. We need a new touch. Can you contact me when you have time?
Blessings~
Connie
This is sooooooooooo wonderful! He is just a beautiful,handsome little guy.Yours will have so much fun with him!
Our God is amazing!
What wonderful news! Clearly the Lord has His fingerprints all over the adoption of this adorable little boy!!! I shall be excited to follow their journey there.
Thank you for sharing,
Naomi
Trina...this is AMAZING, AMAZING news! Oh, I am so excited for your entire family. I love when God makes it so clear. Sooo cool!!! Hugs girl!
Oh Trina what wonderful news! Only God!! I can't wait to see his picture with your boys!!
Kathie
Post a Comment