Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More Adventures with Hudson and Benjamin: Naps

Do you think we need them at age 3 1/2 and 4 1/2?Naps, that is? I think so.
It's so hard to make it through the day without one. If they don't have a nap, we trade it for fussing. If they do have a nap, they don't want to go to bed at night.

And I've noticed that they 'roam' at night, and eventually end up in Joel B's bed. Why? I can't figure it out. Although this adorable picture is of Hudson with Joel B a few months ago, Benjamin has been making it a habit...every night. Last night, we put him back in his own bed three times. It's truly precious but is making me so tired.

And speaking of Benjamin's bed, he is still in his crib. He mentions to us about putting his 'big boy bed' in his room but he doesn't want me to take the crib. It still has a crib tent over it. He loves it. And he figured out a long time ago how to get out of it.

Now for naps, he wants to sleep in Hudson's bed. So, the other day, I walked in to check on him and he was in Hudson's bed. Any guesses where Hudson was? In Benjamin's crib. Too funny. Yep, Hudson was so happy 'camping out' underneath the crib tent, reading books.

So, yes we need naps...

{Isn't this just so precious? I'm sure he will appreciate it when he's a teenager,huh.}

Next: Adventures in Potty Training. :) Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Emily said...

that picture of Ben by the toilet is precious!! you should frame it! too cute!

Kim said...

Great post and pictures from your everyday adventures that look very familiar!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

day by day said...

what a cute post!!!

We went through the same thing with naps. Ella 5 1/2 just recently dropped hers...but she very much needed it right up till then. Sophie 5 1/2 still naps. They are all different I guess.

Very cute pictures!!!!

have a great day!

love,
Michelle

Patientlywaiting said...

That has been the question we have been struggling with to nap or not to nap? We have been trying for not to nap because we want to sleep at night but oh the whining we must endure if there is no nap! They should at least let me nap if they are going to wake me up several times a night!

Hugs,
Robin

Sophie said...

Too cute, love the bathroom shot.
I wish I could get my 3 1/2 yr old to nap, it's been so bad and she gets so overtired, when we put her down at around 8 p.m she will stay up til almost midnight fussing. We go in her room at least 20 times to try and get her back in bed, it's been exhausting.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...those are great! The bathroom one is hilarious!

I'm having the same dilemma with the girls. They need them but don't want them....

Cheri said...

I'm lovin' it!