Monday, June 14, 2010

Adventures in Potty Training

Most days, the boys are doing great at wearing their big boy underpants. Nothing cuter than a little bottom in Thomas the Train underpants, right?

Thankfully, we have not had any accidents at church or other outings. In the beginning of our potty training adventures, Hudson told his Sunday School teacher that he only uses the potty at home. That ended pretty quickly when he realized he could use the cute little toilets all by himself.

At home, Mr. Hudson just can't stop playing long enough to make it to the potty...thus producing way more laundry than I need...but he is making improvements each day. Fruit Gummies help. :)

Benjamin was 19 months old when we brought him home...so I know he has memories of 'squat potties' in China. That's all I can say about that.

Now, Benjamin is a "big boy," ya know. He has to STAND at the potty. No more sitting like he did when he was a "baby."

He told Zachary, "Zach Zach, I have to {stand}. I'm a big boy now. I have to {stand}." So, he stands, barely making it. Very cute.
More adventures soon. Always plenty to post about and not enough time to post it. :)

7 comments:

Emily said...

wow-- two boys at once-- that is an adventure!!!! ben has to stand on my feet to reach-- otherwise-- not so good

Serving the King said...

Ahhh, those are the days. Seriously why urinals aren't a typical American home bathroom addition I have no idea. It would save so many hours of all of us moms of boys cleaning the side of and behind the toilet....still confused how so much ends up back there...but whatcha gonna do. So happy that progress is being made, go big boys!!

Sophie said...

Those boys are way too cute, love the smiles! Potty training has been quite an adventure at our house too, we're not having too much progress. When we are out she'll say "mommy I have to go potty" at least 3 times in an hour and when we get to the potty she refuses to go, at home she's better but refuses to go #2. No fun potty training!

Jessi said...

Aww, so cute! I've had fairly easy potty training experiences, but I know how daunting it can be, too!

I love your big family. We got custody of my 2 nieces in February and have 4 kids under 4 now so we grew basically over night. I love meeting other big families!

Cheri said...

Oh, your boys are so handsome! I'm glad potty training is going well. I know you'll be glad when it is all over. I'm so thankful the diaper days are gone never to be seen again.

Christy said...

Trina,
So cute. Benjamin looks just like Kai when he has to go. Love your posts - kids are just adorable.

Christy

Unknown said...

Trina girl...could they be any cuter? They look like little men...adorable!!!