Thursday, July 15, 2010

Things they say...{the puppy}

Hudson continues his polite complements and sweet gestures {like picking flowers [weeds] for all the moms during the ball game}.


He is always telling me, "Mommy, you are pretty."



I asked him one day why he tells me that all. the. time.



He said, "I tell all the girls that."



Nice.

{Playing with Daisee Dog at Joel B's baseball game. I like this. They get to play and then someone else takes Daisie home.}

Hudson and Benjamin are such affectionate little guys. They really want a puppy.



One evening, I was pushing the double stroller...up hill. Our conversation went something like this:



Hudson: Can I have a puppy?



Me: Yes, you can! {I say as I'm sweating profusely}



Hudson: Yay, Mommy, you are the best!!



Me: When you get married you can have a puppy.



Hudson: {in deep thought} I want to get married. I will marry Sissy.



Me: Hudson you can't marry Sissy. She's your sister.



Hudson: Ok. How about Alaina?



Me: No, Hudson, you can't marry Alaina. She's your sister.



Then,... fast forward a couple months. Hudson was sitting at the table eating...and out of the blue, he says, "We need a puppy."



Me: Remember, when you get married, you can have a puppy.



Hudson: Guess I will marry you, Mommy. Awww...sweet boy.



{Pure delight...running in the night air with Daisie Dog.}

Benjamin has picked up on Hudson's complements. He, also, continues to put a smile on my face by telling me how "pwi-ee" {pretty}, I am. I'm constantly told by my little guys that I'm the "best mom in the world"



...even if I won't get them a puppy.

5 comments:

julia @say you will love me forever said...

oh, i feel your dog pain. my kids have been begging us forever. neither andy nor i are huge animal lovers so we can both say no pretty easily. i used to think we'd get a dog "one day." i'd think, maybe when we get a bigger house. got that twice. no dog. then it was when we got a fence. got that once. no dog. then it was when the kids were older. they are. still no dog. then i started telling them maybe we'd get one if they could keep their rooms clean (like THAT'S ever going happen?!). now i just tell them, "ya, never going to happen. when you have your own place to live then you can get all the animals you want!" anna just gave us her 11th b-day list and she ended it w/the most impressive dog-plea yet. i may just post it on my blog. it is hilarious. i almost for about 1 millisecond considered a dog when i read her note. but then i came to my senses.

Anonymous said...

Awwww! What sweet boys!! :)

Serving the King said...

Awww, that is too sweet!! Nothin like a little son-momma love!!

Sophie said...

That's so sweet, I love this age when they are so innocent.

Christy said...

Trina,

Your boys are just so sweet. By the way, they do have the prettiest, best mom!!

I'm glad someone else says no to the puppy besides me. Ugh!

Christy