Yep, we have a climber. On Monday, I put Benjamin in the Pack n Play to sleep. He woke up and I heard him crying but thought maybe he would go back to sleep. The crying didn't stop so I went up to check on him. To my surprise,when I opened the door, there stood the cutest little almost 20 month old Chinese little boy, looking up at me with big tears. He was holding his blue blanket and bubba/washcloth. He must of tossed out the blanket and bubba first and then climbed on over. I don't think he was crying because he climbed out. I think he was crying because the door was shut and he wanted out.
Ok..so yesterday, I put Hudson in his toddler bed and Benjamin in the crib in their own room...together. The next thing I knew, I heard this loud cry. I opened the door and again, was very surprised to see my little Benny looking up at me. He climbed out of the crib, walked around the room, turned off the fan..and who knows what else. He started crying, I believe after he realized he wanted out of the room. Hudson was so very cute sitting there in his toddler bed being a good boy watching all this. I talked very firmly with Benjamin about climbing out of the bed but not sure he understood anything I was saying. He for sure looked guilty. He knows my tone was not happy. What are we going to do? Guess we will just continue using the Pack n Play in our bedroom. He really needs us near him right now and that is ok. After we move to the crib, maybe put padding all around the floor..LOL.
He is still in our room sleeping in the Pack-n-Play at night. This morning, he woke up around 8:30AM (yippee!!) and wanted up. I left the room for a minute and while I was gone, he climbed out and walked to me. I firmly said no to him and put him back in the Pack n Play. He cried for a minute. I wanted him to know that is not what he is supposed to do. After a few minutes, I got him up and put him in bed with me. He was so happy and snuggled up to me like a little kitten. He puts his arms around me and hugs me...so sweet. We wallowed around a little while before he was ready to get up. He's not afraid to climb out of my bed and his little feet take awhile to hit the floor.
At nap time today, they slept so well....and at least a couple of hours. They must enjoy entertaining each other. Hudson is pretty good about not getting out of his toddler bed. Benjamin was standing in his crib when I went in to get them up. He was happy but ready to get out of the bed. I am so hoping that we won't have anymore climbing out.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment