Believe it or not, Joel B, our 10 year old took these pictures of Alexis. Aren't they amazing?!! He used our Canon Rebel and Alexis used her talent to "make them fun."

Can I brag a little?Alexis is so beautiful inside and out.
She has a super high IQ and I love watching her learn.
I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with the kids and experience life with them. Alexis is such a fast learner, an "A" student, and she's an amazing artist. I'm so blessed that she enjoys working on our website. Most of the design of our website was created by Alexis.
As a baby, she could put puzzles together before she was a year old. She entertained us with song, constantly with her toddler voice. I knew, even when she was a newborn, that she would be such a neat person.
And now...she is so knowledgeable about babies and children. She has to be to live in our house. She is so loving and patient with the little ones and our friends' children love her. She's such a wonderful big sister to Alaina.
She's an amazing dancer, especially in ballet...but her favorite is clogging. She enjoys being the teacher's assistant for Alaina's dance class. I enjoy watching Alaina act all "proud" that her sister is a "teacher."
Alexis loves her friends! She loves being with adults,too...always has.
She is so funny and has a gift of humor. I know that may surprise some people as she seems so shy...but I'm tell'in ya, the girl is hilarious...at home.
Most importantly, she wants Jesus' will for her life. At a young age, she asked Jesus to come into her life. It's been so exciting to see her grow in Him.
I can't explain it but, I can think of something and she is thinking of the same thing at the same time...or the other way around. This happens to us all the time. We say things at the same time...the same thoughts...ideas. We are so much alike...but so different,too.
It makes me sad to think that in only 4 years, she will be going to college. I only have 4 more years to have her close to me, hopefully teaching her what's important in life.
Lord, show me how to be the example I need to be so you can continue molding her into the person you plan for her to be. And I know already you have a special someone planned for her. I pray that you will protect that handsome young man (I know he is handsome!) and shape him for your purpose and for my Alexis. Wow, what an amazing thought to think that before the creation of the world, you knew her future husband! You already know him and are molding him for your glory.
I only have four more years to make special memories with her at home but I know that Alexis will always be my best friend (and I won't allow her to move too far away).















No comments:
Post a Comment