He finds trains throughout the house...and some I have forgotten we had them.
Benjamin is so smart. This 6 ft. train puzzle has pieces that have animals in each train car. After he looks at the picture, he finds the piece and matches it...and puts the pieces together...Trains travel with us everywhere we go. He sleeps with his trains. He reads train books. He finds them in the background in little story books. You know, the books that you have read a 100 times and you never, not one time noticed the train in the book.... Benjamin finds the trains. We travel to the soccer fields with our trains...

One time, we had to stop and wait on a train to pass. You can imagine how much excitment was in our van. I thought it would be a little short train. Oh no. We were there soooooo long that Alaina counted over 150 parts. Exciting times.
Benjamin was so excited the day that one of Alaina's worksheets was a train picture. I printed a copy for him (sorry BJU)...and he colored that sheet so intently. He is a little over 2 1/2 and he colors in the lines. After he finished his train sheet, he wanted to color another one. He was so proud of his picture...and carried it around, held to his chest.
And he loves colors. Everything is the orange cup, the blue lid, the purple straw, the green bowl. He is specific with his wishes and his requests. Cracks me up!
He's really into Legos of many colors. Notice the patterned theme? He so amazes me all day long. So creative. So fun. So full of energy. So loves outside. So doesn't like clothes. And so prefers a diaper now. Yes, we have regressed in that area.
And, oh...I can't forget about the Thomas movie that he and Hudson watch over and over and over again. Thankfully, Aunt J is getting us another one for Christmas so we don't have to watch this all the time.
Our older boys didn't show much interest in trains so watching Benjamin get so excited about them, I started researching big train sets for Hudson and Benjamin. My mom sent birthday and Christmas money to help purchase a 100 piece Imaginarium Train Set. It has everything...including the table with drawers. After reading the reviews, we learned that we need at least a whole afternoon to put it all together. I'm so excited! I cannot wait to see their cute, adorable faces when we display it for Christmas.
I'm just curious how many of you have a 'train boy' at your house? Would love to hear your story and what you think of the train we chose. I thought later, we can collect some Thomas trains which fit perfectly with Imaginarium.
Boys are so fun!


















8 comments:
Ohhh, the JOY of BOY!! (;
I love it when they have something they are passionate about. For my nephew, it was construction vehicles. From the time he was just a tot, he knew the 'formal' name for every big man vehicle out there!! So cute! And then my son, Dawson, was a 'car' boy. EVERYTHING became a car...wheels or not! When he was only two, he used to look through the newspaper just to find and point out the car ads... so funny! Now that he is eleven, he has moved onto sports. But he still has an eye set on cars... now he's just dreaming of the future and MUCH larger cars than his Matchbox and Hotwheels! LOL!
Can't wait to hear all about Christmas at your house...I can only imagine the look on his face when he sees that train set. So fun!!
CUTE post! Have a blessed weekend! <><
~Tanya
Yep! We have a train boy. The funny things is we were living in Hawaii at the time. No trains! We still don't know how he became so attached to them when we knew he didn't see any. He's fifteen now and still puts a train around the Christmas tree. LOL
What a sweet and clever fella you have there! Joy still doesn't color in the lines, just scribbles.
Cheri
We went through that stage also both boys! Funny! Well I think it is just great, boys are amazing!
Oh Trina, He is just so precious!! What a treasure and I love how he loves trains. You need to look on the internet for the Silverton, Colorado railroad. You catch the train here in Durango and it is a real coal train...beautiful scenery through the mountains - you need to bring him....any good mommy would (LOL)...xo
OH my goodness!!!
My older boys LOVED, LOVED their trains!!! You will not regret the table and set! MONEY WELL SPENT!
From what you've shared, those little guys will spend hours at that train table!
Oh, how I wish I could have another little guy! I have one in mind actually but need a RHW!!!
Love your update post. I need to do something like this on S!
Hope you are doing well!
Not sure where you live, but Strasburg, Pa has a wonderful train station. Thomas the Train also makes appearances there. You can ride on a regular train, and/or ride on Annie and Clarabelle as Thomas pulls them. And, to top it off, you can stay at the Red Caboose Inn in an actual train car. The restaurant is a train car too. The trains from the railroad pass right in front of the Inn. How do I know this? I too had a train loving kiddo:-) BTDT, made wonderful memories.
I just love this post! I love that Benjamin loves trains! Gary's dad has a train room in his basement. Whenever we are at their house Hunter and Claire beg Grandpa to take them downstairs so they can run the trains! He is just as cute as ever!
Hugs,
Robin
Post a Comment