Friday, May 14, 2010

That was a good day {Mothers Day 2010}

I LOVE my family.

I LOVE this picture!

Not because I'm in it. That's for sure.


{Picture taken after church, right after I won the award for having the most kids!!!! Normally, a mother of 12 wins every year but for some reason, their family wasn't there.}

After gaining 25 pounds over the last 5 years {since we began homeschooling..go figure}, I just don't like my picture taken. {Never thought in a million years, I would say that}

But it was Mother's Day. And because I LOVE being a mother, and I LOVE my treasures, and I LOVE how God has called me to serve Him {by teaching little people to love the Lord with all their heart}...

then... I agreed to do the photo shoot.

I figured (no pun intended), that someday, the kids would want a picture of their mom...maybe. I know pictures with my mom and grandparents are so special to me.

And I thought they might even like me to journal about how much I love them and what a wonderful day I had with them, this Mother's Day 2010.

{little did we know Zachary was behind us..RASCAL}

And even though I complained that we had to miss spending time with my mom and Joel's mom, like we normally do every Mother's Day...
I was very blessed to watch Joel B play a soccer game in the afternoon right after church. Yes, a blessing because I get to sit, relax (when Alexis babysits), and thank God for this amazing blessing he has given me. {And each boy did give their mother a rose before the game began.}




And be reminded that God has blessed me with amazing kiddos. Healthy, Talented. Extremely smart. Handsome.


And a tender heart that is learning to trust the Lord...realizing


that nothing in life can be accomplished without Him.


I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


Philippians 4:13 (NIV)




After enjoying the perfect weather outside, we hurried home to pick up all the little people and headed for Awanas...and one of our last finance studies
at church.
Finally, after church, we were able to go out and eat...using the gift card that I had won for having the most kids! Yep, at the Barrel. The biscuits were pretty good. So good that you just want to "slap your momma." {You have to watch Tim Hawkins I'm No Rockstar comedy video to get it}. But since it was Mother's Day, the gang didn't do any slappin'...just good eating.

Yep, that was a good day.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Great photos!! And you look great in all of them. We ate at the barrel as well.

Serving the King said...

What a great day!! And I'm with you, I'll take photos of my kids all day long but to be in front of the camera.....ugh! What a great reminder to get a picture with each kid every now and then, it will certainly be a treasure one day!! And, I'm slappin my momma right alongside you, LOVE those biscuits!

Kim said...

The photos are beautiful and I am certain will be treasured as much as the memories in years to come!
What a beautiful family!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Patientlywaiting said...

Love your pictures too! We are certainly blessed mommas!

Hugs,
Robin